Riverside Golf Club News
Many thanks to our Saturday Sponsor in National Pies: Ricky Smith
What a fantastic night Saturday night! A great thanks to all that made it the success that it was in particular our hard working marketing team Amanda Smith, Sue Shea, Stuart McGrath-Kerr, Mark Poulson and Michael Howard.
Also to Joy Church for the Flower arrangement and to Ian Main for his work in getting all the history paraphenalia together. And last but not least, our MC on the night, our Club President: Michael Jackson.
From our Club Captain: Mark Poulson
- With annual coring of the fairways happening this week and with preferred lies not far away from being removed I would like everyone to keep an eye on the local rules on the board and also on the MiScore APP. The local rule will change to preferred lies on the fairway only if your ball lands in a coring hole only.
- The Men’s 3 rounds of the Club Championships have been opened ready for you bookings.
- We are looking bringing in a match play championship off the back of the Mens Championship with top 8 in each grade playing off against each other early next year hopefully in the lead up to the Pennant season, let me know your thoughts on the concept.
From our Course Superintendent: Mark Goodyer
Last week we groomed and dusted the greens (thank you to Simon Crimeen for volunteering to help out) and this Thursday and Friday we will be coring the fairways and the cores will be left on top to dry out making it easier for them crumble and the following Monday we will then drag chain mesh over the cores to break them up. Apologies for any inconvenience.
From our Chef: Michael Howard
Hey Folks, thanks for all the wonderful feedback from Saturday night.
Roast Rolled Pork Special
Chicken & Avocado in fillo pastry
Roast pork $19
Hamburger ‘ lot & chips $15
Porterhouse steak & pepper sauce $20
Please place your order by 12pm Thursday
Can You MAKE MONEY for OUR CLUB ???
YES……AND…It is EASY !!
Every time we put out the FootGolf Markers and Flags…Our Club MAKES MONEY..Simple !!
On a Sunday from 12:15 to 1pm – we need FootGolf Markers & Flags set up on our course. Can you help with this task ? It is easy – we have maps, FootGolf gear, transport-on course…..we just need you.
It is less than an hour of your time – JUST ONCE every 8 weeks (maybe 10-12 weeks) ? We have 6 + volunteers already…..if we can get just 4 – 6 more…it becomes even easier ??!!
We run a roster – aiming to suit everyone – we are flexible and we THANK YOU if you can spare this small amount of your time, occasionally.
If you can assist, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know that…You are IN !
The FootGolf Guy – Peter Cooper
Football Tipping winners: Ian Main
Well we have made it through to the finals after what can only be described as a weird season. At least the finals should be normal but I wouldn’t bet on it.
Round 17 results:
1st David Vautin $19 7 out of 9 and nearest margin
2nd Pat Westlake $8 7 out of 9 and next nearest margin8
3rd Ian Main $5 7 out of 9 and next nearest margin
Round 18 results
1st Steve Tomlin $19 9 out of 9 and nearest margin (just)
2nd Ray Costello $8 9 out of 9 and just pipped at the post by 1 point
3rd Jack Hill $5 8 out of 9 and nearest the margin
Once the order of playing the finals has been determined, those using email will be notified and entry forms will be available in the clubhouse for those wishing to use this form of entry. If those who are fully paid up wish to put in an extra entry they should use the entry form in the clubhouse and include the $2 in the plastic bag.
Winners may collect their envelopes from the office.
Single weekly entries still only $2 entry forms in bar area
Weekly Raffle Winners:
1st prize: $50 RGC Bistro Voucher – Ava Bucknell
2nd prize: $25 RGC Voucher – Margaret Bond
3rd prize: 2 discs in 200 draw – Stephen Wynn-Hughes
Weekly 9 hole winners:
1st – Dale Philpott, 19pts – $20 voucher
2nd – Beth Derbyshire – $10 voucher
Please make welcome to the club:
In 1949, the suburb of Riverside was named after the golf club.
Our Vision: “To provide the best Golf, Recreational and Social experience for the Community”
- NOW ON !! – CROQUET @ Riverside – Beginners/Players welcome – ph. 0455 467 970 Kaye Jeffrey
- FootGolf … ** Currently Suspended **… Stay Safe Everyone !!
- Gypsy Rose appearing in 2020, date TBA
- **Any information – ph 6327 3312 or email email@example.com **