Riverside Golf Club News
Thank you to all those that responded to the call for volunteers for The Australian Veteran Golf Championship being held here in November. Monday and Tuesday is all catered for now, Wednesday is a rest day, but the committee is still looking for volunteers for the Thursday 14th Nov and Friday 15th Nov. There are about 460 golfers playing through the week and this will not only be a good money spinner for the 3 clubs involved in the city but also for local economy. So if you can spare 3 hours here and there, call into the office or give us a call. Some of the duties required: Welcome visitors, Car park guides, Unload bags, Cart loaders, Buggy handlers, Issuing of score cards, Golf ball spotters. Only 3 hour shifts. For detailed information check out the notice board in bar.
I’ll take this opportunity to thank our members that are on the AVGU committee. This has been a couple of years in the making and its been a massive undertaking, So to Sue Shea, Amanda Smith, Stuart McGrath-Kerr, Bill Laughlin and George Hambly- thank you for time and effort thus far.
We have a few coming to the trivia night and bistro on friday night. If you’re thinking of joining in, please book by midday Thursday 17th Oct. So get your team together, it’s only $10 per person for the trivia. If you’re doing bistro, it’s between 5.30 and 6.30. Trivia will start around 7.30.
Be ready to be disappointed though, because the Tedeschi table is going to win!!!
Many thanks to Kevin Whistle Richardson for putting it all together and being the master of ceremonies on the night.
Please note all nominations for Captain and Committee of Management positions must be into office by 5pm Tuesday 22nd October. There are 4 committee of management positions becoming vacant, 3 of these are for a 2 year period and one for a 1 yr period (fulfilling a position that became vacant throughout the year). Remember RGC AGM is on Wednesday November 14th at 5.30 pm. Items to be tabled will be on notice board in the next few days.
Well done to Jim Waterhouse on getting a hole in one on the 10th Hole today.
From the Club Captain: Mark Poulson
- Please find attached leader boards for the Men’s Championship 2019, you can also find them on our Facebook page and our member home page.
- Reminder / information for those not aware, the Club Championship handicaps are locked in from round 1 and then are unchanged in the 4 rounds of the championships only. Because many people play in other competitions at the club or other events during the championship, the handicaps are adjusted after each daily comp. This will look strange in some cases as someone maybe in B grade in championships but A grade in daily comps or vice versa as they are playing on their adjusted daily handicaps in comps outside of the Championship. There are always pros and cons, but we have always had round one locked for the championship. The key is mark the strokes as you had them on the card for each hole, put your dot down in the column and let the system do the rest. You now also have the knowledge to work out your Championship nett score if you handicap has changed, prior looking at the leader board. For all Club Championship results log into your Mi-club members page and click onto headings that look like these below:
- Gross Leader Board
- Nett Leader Board
- New local rule – the new footgolf holes have been added to the immovable objects section of the locals board and member home page. You will start to notice them this week.
From the Pro-Shop
Callaway Club Fitting Day
Wednesday, 6 November from 2.00pm – 5.30pm
To make a booking please call the Pro Shop
Show Day Guest Day Pro Comp Results
We had 27 players in the Show Day Guest Day Pro Comp held on 10/10/19, results as follows:
A Grade: 1st Alex Hansen (Swan Golf Voucher)
2nd Michael Routledge (Swan Golf Voucher)
3rd Peter Bond (1 x Ball)
B Grade: 1st Yvonne Harrison (Swan Golf Voucher)
2nd Marg Ashdown (Swan Golf Voucher)
3rd Rose Searle (1 x Ball)
From our Chef Michael
Bistro menu for this Friday;
Curried Tasmanian Scallops
Chicken Schnitzel Parmigiana
Grilled Porterhouse Steak
Roast Rolled Pork
Surf & Turf
Meals from $25
To book please ring office on 63273312
1st – Doreen Boyd – Meat tray voucher
2nd – Don McQuestin – Bottle of Devils Corner wine
3rd – Liz Williams- $20 bar voucher
Michael Howard weekly 9 hole Meat tray winners
1st prize- Large meat tray- Ian Painting 19 pts C/B
2nd prize -Std meat tray-Terry Pitt 19 pts C/B
Please support all Club Sponsors where possible.
A little update from our major Sponsor – BUCKY MOTORS
Buckby Motors is one of the larger car dealerships in Northern Tasmania.
Located in Launceston, Buckby Motors is Tasmanian owned and operated, employing over 100 locals.
With an exceptionally broad range of new passenger and commercial vehicles, Buckby Motors has a car to suit everyone’s need. Our brands include Subaru, Mercedes, Volvo, MG, Renault, Skoda, Jaguar Land Rover, Peugeot, Citroen, LDV and RAM.
In additional Buckby Motors has 2 Used Car Yards: The Big Yard (Margaret St) and Cheap Cars (Tamar St)
As a local business, Buckby Motors also has a strong focus on supporting and participating in our local community, in particular being involved with sporting groups and charitable organizations.
To celebrate our partnership with the Riverside Golf Club, Buckby Motors offers a Members Benefit promotion when buying a new or used car. See Frank for more details.
Our website address is www.riversidegolf.com.au. Please also like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RiversideGolfClubTas/?ref=bookmarks to see what is happening around the Club.
Our Vision: “To provide the best Golf, Recreational and Social experience for the Community”
- NOW !! – CROQUET @ Riverside – Beginners/Players welcome – ph. 0455 467 970 Kaye Jeffrey
- OCT 18th – Trivia Quiz Night (gen knowledge +sport + more.) + Bistro prior !
- OCT 12,13,19,26th – Men’s Club Championships
- NOV 2-3 – Greenacres Club “Bass Strait Challenge”
- NOV 10-15 – AUSTRALIAN VETERANS GOLF CHAMPIONSHIPS !
- (AUG 17th) – IT WAS A BIG HIT !! – ST JOE’S BIG BAND – Fabulous Music – Big Sound – Swing Dancers – It was so good they want to return in 2020 – We Can’t Wait !!
- (SEP 7th) – Fantastic Music – Great Sound and Night for those who missed it !! – GYPSY ROSE – Huge “Covers” Song List – view Gypsy Rose Videos !!
- ** information – ph 6327 3312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org **