Riverside Golf Club News
It’s with much regret that I inform you of the passing of a long time member of the club, George Edwards. Come and celebrate George’s life with Marlene and family next Wednesday 12th Feb from 2pm here at the club.
Book in now for the first of the HYMARK TROPHY days for 2020, Wed 5th Feb.
Just a reminder an extra $30 voucher and a polo top for the overall winner is up for grabs.
And not just that, if you participate in at least 6 x Hymark Trophy days throughout the year, you will have a chance of winning a Fabulous Swedish Style chair from Hymark Furniture at the end of the year.
Keep Saturday 14th March free, The Adam Page (aka Elvis) Rock n Roll Show is back.
Last year was booked out, so don’t miss out this year. $10 for show only or $45 for 2 course carvery and show. Reserve your table now, ring 63273312. All payments to be made before the night.
Something very exciting coming back soon to the Panorama Bar soon!!!
From our Club Captain, Mark Poulson
- A couple of extra pieces of information for you now that the world has joined us – WHS (world handicapping system) . do you know that handicaps for both men and women can go out to 54 now, this apart of being not gender specific based handicap limits as well a way for keeping players enjoying their game and in it longer. At this stage we have no intention of changing any grades and will just let it play out over 6 months to see what or if any impact there is for us. -5-12, 13-19, 20-54 is how it currently looks for a standard competition.
- Did you know we don’t have a DSR any longer? Its now a PCC ( Player Conditions Calculation ) I’ll let you google that one
- For everyone playing along at home this is how you can manually work out your daily handicap, whether that be at RGC or anywhere in the World
- 18 Hole Daily Handicap = (Players GA handicap x Slope rating / 113) + (Scratch Rating – Par)) x 0.93
- 9 Hole Daily Handicap = (Players GA handicap x Slope rating / 113) + (Scratch Rating – Par) x 2 ) x 0.93
- The Hopwood cup and our first honour board event this year is on in 2 weeks are you ready?
From our Chef, Michael Howard
Hey Everyone don’t forget to book for this weeks bistro, Italian theme. Menu as follows;
Atlantic Salmon & Basil Pesto
Home made lasagne
Garlic Prawns in napoli Sc.
Also this Wednesday night, 4.30 – 6.30, Pizza’s are back, eat in or take away, only $15.
To book ring office on 63273312 before 10am Friday
Hope to see you there, cheers Mick.
Thursday morning volunteers – Ian Main This week’s work will start
at the 1st Tee area at about 9 am. Either meet at the shed just before
9 am or come straight to the 1st Tee. Bring a sprayer if you have one
or we can supply you with one. If you have a petrol whipper-snipper
It would be handy for doing the edges. If it is raining just give it a miss.
A high-viz shirt would be appreciated.
From the Pro-shop –
Srixon/Cleveland Fitting Day, Tuesday 11th February, 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Callaway Fitting Day, Wednesday 25th March, 3.00pm – 6.00pm.
Book with Swannie
Raffle winners –
1st prize: bistro dinner for two – Felicity Bucknell
2nd prize: Devils Corner bottle of wine – Bill Laughlin
3rd prize: $20 voucher – Marj Colvill
Meat Try run winners –
1st, Large Meat Tray: Rosemary Mullen – 22 pts
2nd, Std Meat Tray: Sam Woolley – 21 pts C/B
3rd , Std Meat Tray: Len Harris – 21 pts
Ian Waller – welcome back
Wednesday, 5th Feb ’20, is the first of the Hymark Trophy Days for 2020.
Want to advertise on one of our tee-bed signs? Only $330 for the year? Enquire at office.
Our website address is www.riversidegolf.com.au. Please also like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RiversideGolfClubTas/?ref=bookmarks to see what is happening around the Club.
Our Vision: “To provide the best Golf, Recreational and Social experience for the Community”
- NOW !! – CROQUET @ Riverside – Beginners/Players welcome – ph. 0455 467 970 Kaye Jeffrey
- ELVIS by Adam Page appearing on Saturday 14th March 2020
- Gypsy Rose appearing in 2020, date TBA
- **Any information – ph 6327 3312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org **